Clare Stewards who completed the Fetac Level 5 stewarding course were
presented with their certificates by Munster Council Chairman Sean Walsh
at a function in Mallow last week.
Back Row: Thomas Leahy, Kevin Scallan, Michael O'Regan, John O'Sullivan
Front Row: Mick O'Loughlin Chief Munster Steward, John Brett Sec Munster Stewards,
Donal Fitzgibbon Chaiman Munster Stewards, Sean Walsh, Rose Scallan.
This course is designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills and competence to act as a steward in a sports stadium in Ireland. Successful students will be qualified to fill a variety of roles and will have a broad skillset including:
• Assume the general responsibilities of a steward
• Ability to act in a way so as to maintain a safe environment in a sports stadium
• Capable of responding to patrons in an appropriate manner
• Possess an awareness of first aid and be able to control a casualty situation until medical assistance arrives
• Possess an awareness of fire safety and be able to act in a way that is consistent with the maintenance of good order and safety
• Know the detail of the contingency plan and be able to act as part of the stewarding team to effect the safe evacuation of the sports stadium.