Clare GAA News & Press Releases
Tickets for next Sunday's double header in Cusack Park are currently on sale online at http://gaa.tickets.ie or at Centra/Supervalu stores. A large crowd is expected for the game so Patrons are requested to purchase their tickets early.
Usual concessions apply, and U16s are free
Pre-Purchase discount ends midnight on the day before the game.
Ticket Vending Booths
On match days patrons can purchase and pay for tickets at the booths and then proceed to the turnstile gaining admission on ticket presentation. Adult tickets €20.00.
Junior A Hurling Champ Draw 2017
Group 1 Group 2 Group 3
Broadford Crusheen Wolfe Tones
Ennistymon Meelick Ogonnelloe
Clooney/Quin Ballyea O C Mills
St Josephs Eire Og Bodyke
Junior A Football Champ Draw 2017
Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4
Cratloe Naomh Eoin Wolfe Tones Kilrush Shamrocks
Kilimer Cooraclare Eire Og Michael Cusacks
Clooney/Quin Ballyvaughan St Jos Milltown St Jos Doora Barefield
Kilmurry IB Ennistymon Lissycasey Clondegad
1. Clonlara v Clarecastle
2. Ruan v Cratloe
3. Corofin v Killanena
4. Inagh/Kilnamona v Kilmaley
5. Tubber v Scariff
6. Sm O Briens v Newmarket
7. Broadford v Sixmilebridge (1)
8. Sixmilebridge (2) v Parteen
Cúige Mumhan agus Coiste Chontae Clar C.L.G. wishes to recruit a County Games Development Manager for the above county. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of GAA Games Development Policy within a County, by developing and delivering a comprehensive County Games Development Plan on an annual basis with the assistance of the steering groups’ active in the County. They will lead the Games Development executive within the County and serve as secretary of the County Games Development Committee. http://munster.gaa.ie/2017/02/01/job-posting-county-games-development-manager/
The Allianz Leagues for 2017 are now on sale! They are live on your whitelabel websites (see below links) and are also on sale in selected Super Valu and Centra stores.
The pre purchase discounted price is now €12 for Div 1 & 2 in Football and Div 1A and 1B in Hurling.
This is 20% off the full price ticket if purchased in advance. The cut off time for the pre-purchase discount will be midnight on the night before the fixture (Tickets on match day will be €15).
Div 3 & 4 in Football and 2 & 3 in Hurling will remain at €10 for adults.
The GAA Season Tickets are still on sale and renewals on-going
Remember €45 of €99 season ticket and €146 of club+ season ticket sales go to your county
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one million people and in excess of 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired by its amateur status and supported by the voluntary efforts of all its members, the GAA devotes its entire resources to the development of Gaelic Games and Culture nationally and in local communities.
4 GAMES DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATORS
North America County Board
The North America County Board wish to recruit 4 County Games Development Administrators on part-time contracts in the following Regions:
· North East Division - Boston
· Central Division – Chicago
· Western Division – San Francisco
The successful candidates will be responsible for the implementation of GAA Games Development Policy and will report directly to the NACB Games Development Officer (GDO).
Duties & Responsibilities include:
Implement a regular programme of games appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups at all levels;
Introduce coaching and skill development initiatives appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups;
Deliver a programme of courses and workshops appropriate to the requirements of Coaches, Administrators and Referees to fulfil their various functions in a Games Development context;
Introduce and implement a variety of initiatives to support the development of a sustainable sports system by managing the identification, recruitment and training of key personnel within Clubs, Schools and Counties to effectively develop Gaelic Games.
Work as part of a team in conjunction with other full time and voluntary personnel to deliver set goals and objectives for all GAA sports.
· Candidate must qualify to work and live in the United States through either a working Visa (J-1 Visa, P-3 Visa) or US Citizenship;
· Full International Driving license is essential;
· Extensive experience of playing, coaching, refereeing and administration within a GAA context;
· Candidate is required to hold, at time of application, at least a current Child Protection Course and an Award One Coaching Certification in Hurling at Child, Youth or Adult level;
· Excellent administrative and IT Skills are essential;
· Exceptional interpersonal skills;
· Excellent communication/presentation skills (verbal and written);
· Flexibility to work weekends and evening times.
· Third Level Qualification in Sports Science, Sport & Leisure or Equivalent.
· Experience of working with Gaelic Games in an Urban Games environment.
· Familiarity with such computer programs as Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word and the use of Social Media as a Games Promotion tool for the GAA.
Candidates interested in the above role should apply at http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1507841
with an up to date cover letter and curriculum vitae on or before 5 p.m. on Monday 8th February 2016.
GAA is an equal opportunities employer
The format is:
1) The 2 finalists from 2014 (Ciarraí agus Corcaigh) receive a bye into the semi-finals for 2015.
2) The remaining 4 counties (An Clár, Luimneach, Portláirge agus Tiobraid Árann) play in 2 quarter finals, the pairings for which will be decided by an open draw.
3) The 2 winners of the quarter finals qualify for the semi-finals along with the two finalists from 2014.
4) The pairings for the semi-finals will be decided by open draw.
The Munster Senior Hurling Championship and all other championships will be played using the same format as pertained in 2014.